REGULATION 2019 REGULATION
RULES OF PARTICIPATION ALGARVE PIGEONS GOLDEN RACE 2019
1. Entry is open to all Countries but all pigeons must wear an approved official ring from the issuing Federation of the Year 2019.
2. Shipping and Arrival of Pigeons – To ensure the health of pigeons, with quarantine, vaccination, and creating immunity in groups upon arrival, the pigeons will only be received on the following days:
- 1st to 15th March;
- 1st to 15th April; and
- 1st to 15th May.
4. Reserve Pigeon – Pigeons nº 3 and 4 are reserve and will compete for prizes in all races up to, and including Race No. 4 – SILVER RACE (the semi-final race).
Pigeon nº 3and 4 of each team will replace any lost birds up to and including the Silver Race.
If both the entered pigeons nº 1 and nº 2 have not been lost, the reserve pigeons nº. 3 and nº 4 can be activated by the participant until the 20 September for an additional €300, by pigeon, to participate in the final GOLDEN RACE.
- Reserve pigeons not activated by the owners until September 20, 2019, can be activated by other participants on 22 and 23 September 2019.
The RESERVE pigeons cannot be swapped from one team to another of the same owner.
5. Entry Fees - All participants must be competitors / participant members of the Golden Race Algarve
- To participate in the derby Algarve Pigeons Golden Race participants must pay the annual membership fee in the amount of € 300 (free of VAT) plus the registration fee € 300 (VAT included 23% fee). The participation in the derby only becomes effective, after having paid all the amounts due (membership fee, and registration), and in case the payment is not made, the participation is annulled before basketing to final race.
- Each participant can register the teams that they want, paying the value of a membership and the value of an registration, for each team that register. For every 10 teams entered by a participant, the organization is offering one free team (3 pigeons). – Replacements for lost, sick or injured birds can be done at no extra cost, until the 31st of May 2019. For shipping cost, contact the agent in your country.
- The bank charges for transfers to the Golden Race Algarve are the responsibility of those who make the transfer.
4. PMV Vaccination – The birds should be vaccinated against PMV, within 20 days prior to shipping, and must be between 45 to 60 days old. They will be sent to the Loft Algarve Pigeons Golden Race, to the Faro airport, or representatives, in several European countries. More information about shipping can be found on the website,goldenracealgarve.com.
5. Reservations - Space in the loft is limited to a maximum of 6.000 pigeons. Places will be provided on a first come, first served basis whereby places will be guaranteed to teams that have been registered / reserved first. To reserve your place for 2019 email: firstname.lastname@example.org , simply send your registration form / member or to agents in countries, and by paying a deposit of 100 Euros, (non refundable in case of cancellation) for each team within 15days from your requested reservation All participants 2018 have assured place in the loft to 2019, but should make registration until December 31, 2018. After this date the organization cannot guaranty the participation.
6. Pigeons - After entering the loft the pigeons are in the care of the organization Golden Race Algarve, and the first three hundred classified in the final race ( Bragança ), become property of organization after the organization paying to the owners, the values stipulated in dispute PRIZE, which corresponds to the purchase price of pigeons by the organization. The amounts payable as stipulated in the amounts in dispute,in the first (Azaruja), second (Monforte), third ( Portalegre ), and fourth ( Castelo Branco ) race, and first 3 Ace Pigeons, will net premiums to be paid by the organization).
- Auctions- All pigeons may be auctioned after the Bragança final race, on behalf of the owner, and the Golden Race Algarve Organization may coordinate the sale of pigeons to national or international auction companies, arrange photographers, and pay other expenses for sale . From the sale amount 35% for the participant and 35% for the organization., except in the first thirty classified in the final race, plus the first 5 Ace pigeons, that will be auctioned in PIPA, that from sale amount 31% for the participant and 31% for the organization.
If a pigeon is not sold the first time it goes to auction, the participant loses the right to % money of the value of the sale.
7. Pedigrees and Ownership Cards – All birds must be accompanied by ring card (required) and a pedigree(only acepted as pedigree, a full pedigree, with father, mother and grandparents, minimum) in a sealed envelope, which will only be opened by the organization after the final race. If pedigrees are not received before Semi-final Castelo Branco, the owner not be entitled to % money of the auction sale of the pigeon.
As the portuguese Federation has become obligatory for all pigeons to have a card / title to participate in the derby, all pigeons that do not have it will have to be requested to the Portuguese Federation second round, and the cost will be the responsibility of the participant,because do not sent originals .( 2 € each). We receive ring cards until semi-final Castelo Branco.
8. All birds entering the loft will be given an electronic chip ring and the identification ring will be officially sealed, and will only be opened when basketed for the final race.
9. Basketing – The basketing for the final race will be organized by the organization, but conducted under the supervision of independent fanciers, national and international. All the pigeons will receive a wing stamp with the word ALGARVE. The pigeons will be accompanied to the place of release by an independent witness (es) to oversee and verify the release. The release time will be decided upon by consulting data published by the national meteorologist.
10. Calculation of values in dispute – All in dispute is based on 6.000 entered pigeons ( teams of 4 pigeons) paid. The final amounts payable will be posted by July 30, 2019.
11. Anti-Doping and Veterinary Care – The Loft will adhere to national rules in terms of anti-doping and the pigeons will be checked on a regular basis by the official veterinarian.
12. Training or races, may be altered on account of bad weather conditions, or other conditions outside the control of the organization. The decision of the organization is final.
13. Any dispute, not covered by these regulations will be determined by the organization, governed by national laws of Portugal, and its decision will be final. The Official Rules will be in Portuguese and posted on the event website, because any translation into another language, may contain translation errors.
14. The system of verification and registration of arrival of the pigeons in training and races will be by authorized electronic timing system.
15. The pigeons will be accommodated in a purpose built loft that will ensure equal conditions for each pigeon. Pigeons will be flown to perches only, and sexes will not be separated. Daylight hours will be manipulated in the loft to delay the moulting process. .
16. The best ranking in the final race of each Country (with at least 20 teams entered) will receive 1 free entry in the next edition.
SPECIAL REGULATIONS – WE SUPPORT NEEDY CHILDREN
- The organization will accept invitations from county schools, and charities in the area (one pigeon per entity), to a maximum of 30 invitations. The pigeons that entered into the loft resulting from calls described above will have free registration, and participate in the first 4 races, i.e. up to the SILVER RACE (semi-final race), and be entitled to all the prizes up for grabs. The best bird of these entities, in the classification of the Ace Pigeon, after the SILVER RACE will be entitled to participate in the final GOLDEN RACE.
- The auction revenues of these birds will be paid in full for the reporting entity.
- All interested entities should request participating fanciers for pigeons and information about the organization and entities that will benefit from the prizes earned. The Organization will give priority to projects in schools aimed at needy students to purchase books, computers, etc.
- Charitable Institutions will be given priority, especially identified projects aimed at helping people in need, and in particular the purchase of books, computers etc.
Apart from the support described above, resulting from participation, the organization ensures that part of the proceeds from all auctions will be for buying textbooks, computers, etc, to needy children in the region.
They are the following in dispute in the ALGARVE PIGEONS GOLDEN RACE:
1 – ALGARVE GOLDEN RACE – 28 September Bragança – 500 km WINNER PIGEON – €120,000
Participate in this race all entered / activated pigeons – i.e. pigeons initially registered as No. 1 and No. 2. The RESERVE pigeons will only qualify for participation if one of the first nominated pigeons are lost, or it has been activated by Sept. 20, 2019.
2 – ALGARVE SILVER RACE – 14 SEPTEMBER Castelo Branco, 300 km WINNER PIGEON- 1 CAR or €10,000s
All birds will participate, birds 1-2 and reserve. The 2 reserve pigeon, of each participant, taking part in this race SILVER RACE , will not compete again unless the first or second nominated birds are lost, or its owner has activated the pigeons to compete in the GOLDEN RACE until September 20, 2019.
All pigeons not activated by owners or third person until 23 September 2019, will be held back in the loft – They will not be basketed for the final GOLDEN RACE.
3- ACE PIGEON- WINNER PIGEON – 1 CAR (drive on left side) or €10,000
All birds will participate (birds 1-2 and 2 reserve) in 4 races and the reserve in the final race GOLDEN RACE if activated, or if replace a active pigeon . The person who activate a pigeon reserve for the final, will have all rights over the pigeon, premiums and percentage of sale.
Reserve pigeons will only qualify for Ace Pigeon classification if they participate in the final race (i.e. if they replace an entered pigeon or is active on or before 20th September).
The winner will be the pigeon in which the sum of the average velocity in the 5 Races Ace Pigeon, Azaruja, Monforte, Portalegre, Castelo Branco and final race Bragança, divided by the number of races, is greater.- To win the Ace Pigeon, the pigeon has to classify in all the Ace Pigeon races (5). If it is not possible realize some race to count for Ace pigeon, to find the winner count the races held.
To win the Ace Pigeon, the pigeon has to classify in all the Ace Pigeons races held.
In the event of a tie after completion of the 5 races, the pigeon with the highest placing in the final race will be the Ace Pigeon.
Because the classification is calculated on average velocity it requires careful checking of the liberation co-ordinates which will be verified by an electronic GPS device.
- RACE TIME in the first 4 races (Azaruja, Monforte, Portalegre and Castelo Branco) for the classification of ACE PIGEON ends after closing the Race in the BENZING system, at least 5 hours after the arrival time of the first pigeon and by discounting dead hours (night, if applicable).
- RACE TIME in the final race (Bragança), ) the Ace Pigeon classification finishes after closing of the race in the BENZING system, at least 8 hours after the arrival of the first pigeon, discounting dead hours, ( night, if applicable)
4 –FIRST 3 RACES- Azaruja,Monforte and Portalegre
All birds will participate for prizes in Dispute, birds 1-2 and reserve.
5 – TRAINING
There will be 9 training flights. There are no prizes awarded on these trainings.
TRAINING AND RACE DATES
- March, April and May – Daily loft flying in groups.
- June – Daily loft flying of all pigeons together.
- 2. Training – 16 July – Azinhal- 10 km
- 3. Training – 19 July – Pereiro- 25 km
- 4. Training – 23 July – Espírito Santo- 35 km
- 5. Training – 26 – July Mértola- 50 km
- 6. Training – 30 Julho – Vale Açor- 75 km
- 7. Training – 2 August- Beja- 100 km
- 8. Training – 6 August – Vidigueira- 120 km
- 9. Training -09 August – Évora- 150 km
- 1.Race – 16 August – Azaruja- 170 km
- 2.Race – 23 August – Monforte – 205 km
- 3 .Race – 30 Agosto – Portalegre– 230 km
- 4 .Race – 14 September – Castelo Branco– 300 km- SILVER RACE
- 5 .Race – 28 September – BRAGANÇA – 500 km- GOLDEN RACE